People are at the heart of University Centre Doncaster and that is why we are committed to building a community that promotes equality of opportunity for all, giving every individual that walks through our doors the chance to achieve their potential, free from prejudice and discrimination.
We are committed to eliminating unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation, advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations between people with different characteristics – age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation.
We consider applications are based on merit – regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy and maternity. We regularly review our campus buildings and facilities to ensure accessibility for staff, students and visitors with disabilities.
We do this by:
- Treating all students and staff fairly and as an individual
- Creating an inclusive campus culture and environment for all students and staff
- Ensuring equal access to opportunities to enable students to fully participate in the pre-entry activities and higher education learning process
- Enabling all students and staff to develop to their full potential
- Equipping students and staff with the skills to challenge inequality and discrimination in their work and study environment
- Making certain that any learning materials do not discriminate against any individuals or groups
- Ensuring policies, procedures and processes do not discriminate
Our diverse backgrounds enhance professional knowledge, bring challenge and new perspectives to what we do on campus. This in turn helps us build capability and support to our students and staff, delivering better results, more motivated staff, increased recognition from its partner organisations and greater innovation.
Investment has been committed through the Access and Participation Plan, to provide equal opportunities for students to access and succeed in higher education, including pre-entry activities, success and progression activities and a package of financial support that could be available to you that includes a Hardship Fund, Low Participation Neighbourhood Bursary, Care Leavers Bursary and BAME Bursary.